| Riccardo Iaconelli Open Source Project Leader @ruphy | ||||||
| TEAM PER LA TRASFORMAZIONE DIGITALE Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri | |||||
| teamdigitale.governo.it | ||||||
On 8 Dec 2017, at 18:39, Leslie Hawthorn <mebelh@gmail.com> wrote:No worries, I know how slowly government work sometimes goes. Please submit immediately. :DOn 8 December 2017 at 18:38, Riccardo Iaconelli <riccardo@teamdigitale.governo.it> wrote:Dear Leslie,I know and I am sorry for the deadline, unfortunately I needed to ask for permission and end of the year tasks delayed the process a little bit.Thank you very much, I will be submitting now!
Riccardo Iaconelli
Open Source Project Leader
@ruphy
·D TEAM PER LA TRASFORMAZIONE DIGITALE
Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministriteamdigitale.governo.it
On 8 Dec 2017, at 18:36, Leslie Hawthorn <mebelh@gmail.com> wrote:Hi Riccardo,I would love to hear your story, but as you say we are well past the cut off for submissions. However, we are late on reviews so I am OK with you submitting the talk. There are no guarantees that it will be accepted. Thank you for contacting us and please do note that in the future we may not choose to make a deadline exception.Best,LHOn 6 December 2017 at 19:22, Riccardo Iaconelli <riccardo@teamdigitale.governo.it > wrote:Hi,
I am part of the Italian Digital Transformation Team, a group of 20 experts nominated by the Italian president to transform and digitalize Italy. Our main focus is of course Italy, but all our projects are international in nature, and we’re working with similar European teams to export the same model and best practices.
In particular, I have been tasked with leading the Open Source strategy of the country. As part of my job I am making sure that all (or almost all) code created by public administrations is created with open licenses (GPL, AGPL, BSD and CC-BY), on collaborative platforms (such as GitHub or Gitlab), and under Open Governance models, where the community is able to take over maintainership. I am also working to set up hackerspaces all around the country, where people can develop new open source software and hack on all kind of Free Software projects.
I would love to share this experience at FOSDEM, if it could be interesting for you. I know it’s way past the deadline, but I think these topics can be inspirational for many attendees, and I have only received clearance to speak at FOSDEM today, so I decided to try anyways.
Let me know if this could be interesting!
Bye,
Riccardo
_______________________________________________
community-devroom mailing list
community-devroom@lists.fosdem.org
https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/community-devroom
--Leslie Hawthorn
http://twitter.com/lhawthorn--Leslie Hawthorn
http://twitter.com/lhawthorn