[distro-devroom] Info about submitted talk for FOSDEM 2025
Hi Benny, hi all, first of all, let me say thanks for all the precious work you are doing behind the scenes for making this FOSDEM possible, it always feels so good to meet so many skilled people and learn from all of you! I'm writing because, after about 10 years attending FOSDEM as a user, I finally made the step to submit a proposal to the devroom you are coordinating. I can imagine that you received a ton of proposals for the Distributions DevRoom, and I was only wondering if I should just be patient and wait a bit longer for your feedback because you are still in the process of ranking and selecting the best options for your DevRoom, or if the reject of my proposal got lost in the process. My proposal was the one about Uyuni, an open source tool that can be used for managing and configuring several GNU/Linux distributions. Given that this is the first Uyuni talk at FOSDEM, I preferred to introduce Uyuni and how it can be used by someone focused on distributions that is also looking for a tool that can manage all of them. I didn't specify in the abstract what it is required for enabling a new distribution because I think that some initial knowledge on what the tool is and what someone can do with it should be a prerequisite for going into more technical view, but I can understand if you prefer to give the stage to a different proposal. https://pretalx.fosdem.org/fosdem-2025/talk/review/T7YCDCQFLXL8Y9BKPPVBMCZTG... Do you already know when you will communicate the decision about the submitted proposals?
From https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2024q4/003551.html it looks like that the speakers were supposed to get some info on 6 December. Of course, if you have any questions about my proposal, please, let me know.
Thanks again for all your work and see you in any case at FOSDEM! Happy hacking and have a lot of fun, Marina -- Marina Latini Release Engineer SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Frankenstr. 146, 90461 Nuernberg Germany www.suse.com Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev, Andrew McDonald, Werner Knoblich (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) #ThePowerOfMany #DareToBeDifferent #HaveALotOfFun
Hi again organizers, Im once again asking about the status of our talk, as we have not received an acceptance nor denial in either direction, and it appears other submitters have not either. We are inching closer to FOSDEM and running out of time to solidify our travel plans. Please, an answer which way it is going to go is vital. Hope to hear back soon, Oren Klopfer On Mon, Dec 16, 2024 at 2:17 PM Marina Latini <marina.latini@suse.com> wrote:
Hi Benny, hi all, first of all, let me say thanks for all the precious work you are doing behind the scenes for making this FOSDEM possible, it always feels so good to meet so many skilled people and learn from all of you!
I'm writing because, after about 10 years attending FOSDEM as a user, I finally made the step to submit a proposal to the devroom you are coordinating.
I can imagine that you received a ton of proposals for the Distributions DevRoom, and I was only wondering if I should just be patient and wait a bit longer for your feedback because you are still in the process of ranking and selecting the best options for your DevRoom, or if the reject of my proposal got lost in the process.
My proposal was the one about Uyuni, an open source tool that can be used for managing and configuring several GNU/Linux distributions. Given that this is the first Uyuni talk at FOSDEM, I preferred to introduce Uyuni and how it can be used by someone focused on distributions that is also looking for a tool that can manage all of them. I didn't specify in the abstract what it is required for enabling a new distribution because I think that some initial knowledge on what the tool is and what someone can do with it should be a prerequisite for going into more technical view, but I can understand if you prefer to give the stage to a different proposal.
https://pretalx.fosdem.org/fosdem-2025/talk/review/T7YCDCQFLXL8Y9BKPPVBMCZTG...
Do you already know when you will communicate the decision about the submitted proposals? From https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2024q4/003551.html it looks like that the speakers were supposed to get some info on 6 December. Of course, if you have any questions about my proposal, please, let me know.
Thanks again for all your work and see you in any case at FOSDEM!
Happy hacking and have a lot of fun, Marina
-- Marina Latini Release Engineer
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Frankenstr. 146, 90461 Nuernberg Germany <https://www.google.com/maps/search/Frankenstr.+146,+90461+Nuernberg+Germany?entry=gmail&source=g> www.suse.com Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev, Andrew McDonald, Werner Knoblich (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)
#ThePowerOfMany #DareToBeDifferent #HaveALotOfFun _______________________________________________ distributions-devroom mailing list distributions-devroom@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/distributions-devroom
Hi all! This hasn't gone how we'd like to have it go, and I thank you for the extended grace here. Shaun and I will be finalizing everything tomorrow afternoon (eastern US time) and will send out the final notifications to everyone. benny Vasquez Chair, Board of Directors @AlmaLinux OS Foundation *I am sending this message now because it suits me, but I don’t expect that you will read, respond to, or act on it outside of comfortable hours for your time zone.* On Wed, Dec 18, 2024 at 11:53 AM Oren Klopfer <oren@taumoda.com> wrote:
Hi again organizers,
Im once again asking about the status of our talk, as we have not received an acceptance nor denial in either direction, and it appears other submitters have not either. We are inching closer to FOSDEM and running out of time to solidify our travel plans. Please, an answer which way it is going to go is vital.
Hope to hear back soon, Oren Klopfer
On Mon, Dec 16, 2024 at 2:17 PM Marina Latini <marina.latini@suse.com> wrote:
Hi Benny, hi all, first of all, let me say thanks for all the precious work you are doing behind the scenes for making this FOSDEM possible, it always feels so good to meet so many skilled people and learn from all of you!
I'm writing because, after about 10 years attending FOSDEM as a user, I finally made the step to submit a proposal to the devroom you are coordinating.
I can imagine that you received a ton of proposals for the Distributions DevRoom, and I was only wondering if I should just be patient and wait a bit longer for your feedback because you are still in the process of ranking and selecting the best options for your DevRoom, or if the reject of my proposal got lost in the process.
My proposal was the one about Uyuni, an open source tool that can be used for managing and configuring several GNU/Linux distributions. Given that this is the first Uyuni talk at FOSDEM, I preferred to introduce Uyuni and how it can be used by someone focused on distributions that is also looking for a tool that can manage all of them. I didn't specify in the abstract what it is required for enabling a new distribution because I think that some initial knowledge on what the tool is and what someone can do with it should be a prerequisite for going into more technical view, but I can understand if you prefer to give the stage to a different proposal.
https://pretalx.fosdem.org/fosdem-2025/talk/review/T7YCDCQFLXL8Y9BKPPVBMCZTG...
Do you already know when you will communicate the decision about the submitted proposals? From https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2024q4/003551.html it looks like that the speakers were supposed to get some info on 6 December. Of course, if you have any questions about my proposal, please, let me know.
Thanks again for all your work and see you in any case at FOSDEM!
Happy hacking and have a lot of fun, Marina
-- Marina Latini Release Engineer
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Frankenstr. 146, 90461 Nuernberg Germany <
https://www.google.com/maps/search/Frankenstr.+146,+90461+Nuernberg+Germany?entry=gmail&source=g
www.suse.com Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev, Andrew McDonald, Werner Knoblich (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)
#ThePowerOfMany #DareToBeDifferent #HaveALotOfFun _______________________________________________ distributions-devroom mailing list distributions-devroom@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/distributions-devroom
_______________________________________________ distributions-devroom mailing list distributions-devroom@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/distributions-devroom
participants (3)
-
benny Vasquez -
Marina Latini -
Oren Klopfer