Hi Raymond,
On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 05:02:23PM -0700, Raymond Paik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a "newbie" question (last year was the first time I submitted CFPs for
> FOSDEM)...
>
> On penta.fosdem.org, what are the purposes of "Submission notes", "Abstract",
> and "Full description" fields in the Description tab? I'm trying not to repeat
> the same information and wasn't sure if all three fields were required.
The "abstract" will be shown as the first paragraph of the description of your
talk on the website, and may sometimes also be used as the full
description in space-constrained locations.
The "full description" is shown as the next paragraph, when space is
available.
The submission notes are not shown on the website at all, and are only
available for you if you want to provide further information that is
only relevant to help the program committee or the devroom organisers
decide whether to accept your talk. They may also use that field to
provide feedback to you about the talk.
--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy
-- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard