Raphaël
> The OSDEM event, the first event which was subsequently renamed Fosdem, was held in 2001. Organisation started somewhere in October or november 2000.
>
> An event in 1995 is distinct and independent of Fosdem.
I'm sure that this is a correct legal statement for the purposes of
the present day FOSDEM trademark. However. The evidence surrounding
the event has been somewhat obfuscated by various events and
activities dating back to about 1994/1995. Also. I remember you
making a public statement back in 2001 in front of myself and the
assembled crowd that OSDEM only started in 2001. When in fact it had
been around for a while.
Keeping repeating otherwise won't change the fact that the first OSDEM edition was in 2001. You can pretend as you want, but the 2001 event was organised from scratch by people that hadn't organised this kind of event before.
I noticed that someone was telling you some
not quite correct stories about something.
That kind of happens sometimes indeed.
Never mind. I'm sure that people will enjoy FOSDEM 2020 and hopefully
it will continue for some years to some :)
--
Richard