Hi,

Extrapolating the trendline from the first 3 weekends would have come to a very similar result.
I am afraid there is no actual statistical proof that claims that the increase was caused by FOSDEM.

I would actually expect a slight decrease to be honest (all developers watching talks instead of actually coding). and maybe a delayed effect in a few days / weeks that would show an increase.


Intresting would also be to look only at the repos that were (slightly) related to people /rpojects that  were actually on FOSDEM (impossible to do I guess)


Sorry to spoil the enthousiasm here :)

Nathan

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Mauro Pompilio <hackers.are.rockstars@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sunday someone asked during the FOSDEM Lightning Talk QA if there was an increase in contributions during the FOSDEM weekend so I wrote this small script that queries the GitHub Archive and shows the number of PRs opened during each weekend in 2016.

Apparently, there **was** an increase in contributions to open source during FOSDEM, well done! :D

DATE COUNT
20160109 12260 ########################################
20160110 12457 #########################################
20160116 13156 ###########################################
20160117 13015 ###########################################
20160123 13882 ##############################################
20160124 13909 ##############################################
20160130 15579 ###################################################
20160131 14912 #################################################

Happy Hacking.

Code: https://github.com/malditogeek/opened_prs


Mauro.

_______________________________________________
FOSDEM mailing list
FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org
https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem