Thanks Alasdair for a quick response. 

So can I still submit a request for a BOF via Penta and would I be able to request a specific day/time?

Regards, 

Ray

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 6:07 PM Alasdair G Kergon <agk@fosdem.org> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 05:49:07PM -0800, Raymond Paik wrote:
>    (https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/tracks/) that two BOF tracks are full. I
>    believe in the past you signed up on-site and the room was assigned to you
>    on first-come first-served basis.
>    Was there a different process this year (e.g. done via CFP)? Apologies if
>    I missed an announcement.

They are nowhere near full.

We have 3 rooms this year.

Up to about a third of the capacity (mostly track A) can be reserved in
advance.  The other 2/3 is filled on site.

  https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM20

Any special requests go in the submission notes field, which
isn't published.

Alasdair