Signing other people's keys with an new key?
Hello, Just after the keysigning party, I *accidentially* revoked the key that I used for the keysigning party. (Sounds stupid enough to be true;-) Now, as a sign of courtesy, I can still sign the keys of the people I successfully authenticated during the keysigning party with a new key, without expecting them to sign my new key on the spot, of course. Any practical objection to that? What would the Web of Trust gurus say?
On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 08:36:56PM +0100, Alexander Mikhailian wrote:
Just after the keysigning party, I *accidentially* revoked the key that I used for the keysigning party. (Sounds stupid enough to be true;-)
Now, as a sign of courtesy, I can still sign the keys of the people I successfully authenticated during the keysigning party with a new key, without expecting them to sign my new key on the spot, of course.
Any practical objection to that? What would the Web of Trust gurus say?
You've verified the keys, so I can't see any reason why you shouldn't sign them. (Of course, we haven't verified yours, so can't sign it.) -- Benjamin M. A'Lee || mail: bma@subvert.org.uk web: http://subvert.org.uk/~bma/ || gpg: 0xBB6D2FA0
participants (2)
-
Alexander Mikhailian -
Benjamin M. A'Lee