Hi, I'm not sure I'm sending this to the right mailing list. If not, could you please help me find the right one? I'm interested in a PaaS devroom but I'm not sure how to get about doing that? Or are there already people proposing something similar I could rally with? Cheers, Meb
On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 12:05:45PM +0200, Marc-Elian Bégin wrote:
Hi,
I'm not sure I'm sending this to the right mailing list. If not, could you please help me find the right one?
I'm interested in a PaaS devroom but I'm not sure how to get about doing that? Or are there already people proposing something similar I could rally with?
Cheers,
Meb
Hi Meb, The deadline for requesting developer rooms has passed and the accepted developer rooms have been announced. So, unless you have a time machine, there are no possibilities for the upcoming edition of FOSDEM. For next year, keep an eye on this list and on the FOSDEM website for the Call for Participation. Kind regards, Wynke.
Our time machine is still alpha... only chickens come out of it ;-) I'm not really looking for creating my own devroom. I receive and read the emails ;-) I'm more looking at joining others if they exist. Cheers, Meb On Oct 3, 2013, at 12:11 PM, Wynke Stulemeijer <wynke@fosdem.org> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 12:05:45PM +0200, Marc-Elian Bégin wrote:
Hi,
I'm not sure I'm sending this to the right mailing list. If not, could you please help me find the right one?
I'm interested in a PaaS devroom but I'm not sure how to get about doing that? Or are there already people proposing something similar I could rally with?
Cheers,
Meb
Hi Meb,
The deadline for requesting developer rooms has passed and the accepted developer rooms have been announced. So, unless you have a time machine, there are no possibilities for the upcoming edition of FOSDEM. For next year, keep an eye on this list and on the FOSDEM website for the Call for Participation.
Kind regards,
Wynke.
On 3 Oct 2013, at 12:05, Marc-Elian Bégin <meb@sixsq.com> wrote:
I'm interested in a PaaS devroom but I'm not sure how to get about doing that? Or are there already people proposing something similar I could rally with?
I am given to understand that "PaaS" is one of the many new spellings of "virtualisation". There will be a virtualisation developer room at FOSDEM 2014. Watch this space for their call for participation. Philip -- Philip Paeps Senior Reality Engineer Ministry of Information
Hi, Thanks for the info. Last year (2013) we had a IaaS devroom as a more specialised cloud type. Virtualisation is very specific and a very busy space. Are there more 'cloud' related devrooms? Or is there a way for me to check this on my own? Cheers, Meb On Oct 3, 2013, at 12:24 PM, Philip Paeps <philip@fosdem.org> wrote:
On 3 Oct 2013, at 12:05, Marc-Elian Bégin <meb@sixsq.com> wrote:
I'm interested in a PaaS devroom but I'm not sure how to get about doing that? Or are there already people proposing something similar I could rally with?
I am given to understand that "PaaS" is one of the many new spellings of "virtualisation".
There will be a virtualisation developer room at FOSDEM 2014. Watch this space for their call for participation.
Philip
-- Philip Paeps Senior Reality Engineer Ministry of Information
On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Marc-Elian Bégin <meb@sixsq.com> wrote:
Are there more 'cloud' related devrooms? Or is there a way for me to check this on my own?
https://fosdem.org/2014/news/2013-10-02-accepted-devrooms/ (linked from the main FOSDEM webpage). Gr{oetje,eeting}s, Geert -- Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert@linux-m68k.org In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that. -- Linus Torvalds
participants (4)
-
Geert Uytterhoeven -
Marc-Elian Bégin -
Philip Paeps -
Wynke Stulemeijer