Re: [FOSDEM] For FOSDEM 2020 Virtualization Devroom (very sad event and a proposal)
All, I know it is very lake but we would like to update vrit room schedule and add Lars memoir. How can we make it happen? Would it be enough to create a new event? Thanks, Piotr On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 1:27 PM Piotr Kliczewski <pkliczew@redhat.com> wrote:
Dario,
It is very sad news and it would be great if Ian could do it. What would be the best time to do it?
Thanks, Piotr
On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 1:22 PM Dario Faggioli <dfaggioli@suse.com> wrote:
Hello,
This is Dario, from SUSE. I have a talk accepted at the Virt&IaaS Devorom @ FOSDEM 2020.
I am writing to you because I think you are running the Devroom itself. If that is not the case, sorry for the noise (and if you happen to know who else I can contact, would you please tell me?).
A terrible thing happened yesterday: Lars Kurth, from the Xen-Project, passed away. I think you must know Lars, because of his role in the project, in the Open Source virtualization community as a whole and because he's helped organizing the FOSDEM Virt Devroom since something like 10 years.
I personally don't have many more details about what happened, and the information is still being kept a little quiet for now, but The Xen- Project will make a public announcement/blog post, probably later today.
Anyway, we thought that it would be nice if someone would say a few words, at the Virtualization Devroom, in Lars' memory. If you also think it could be a good idea, Ian Jackson, Cc-ed, also from the Xen- Project and Lars' colleague at Citrix, told me he would be up for standing up and speaking a little about him.
Let us know what your thoughts.
Thanks in advance and Regards, Dario -- Dario Faggioli, Ph.D http://about.me/dario.faggioli Virtualization Software Engineer SUSE Labs, SUSE https://www.suse.com/ ------------------------------------------------------------------- <<This happens because _I_ choose it to happen!>> (Raistlin Majere)
participants (1)
-
Piotr Kliczewski