Debugging the travel instruction
Hi I think there are some small bugs in the travel instructions. I can only speak about the instructions for arriving by train in Brussels South, but maybe some other people can also post there experiences. I think some small changes might be needed in some cases. Or maybe someone local who often uses the public transport can check everything. This is currently on the website: By Train
From *Brussels South* (a.k.a. "*Bruxelles Midi*", "*Brussel Zuid*" or "*Gare du Midi*") Station (about *30 minutes*):
- Take the Metro line 2 <http://stib.be/appl/EN/40000Eng/M/40002E.htm>, direction Simonis (elisabeth) - Get off at station *Louise* - Take the tram 94 <http://stib.be/appl/EN/40000Eng/T/40094E.htm>, direction Herrmann-Debroux - get off at stop *ULB*. And these are my remarks: 1. You can take both Metro line 2 and 8: they run completely parallel between Brussels South and Louise. 2. None of the signs at the tram stops or on the trams mention Herrmann-Debroux. You need the tram in the direction "Trammuseum/Musée du Tram". 3. At Saturday and Sunday tram 94 is limited to Legrande. So you need to take the tram until Legrande, get off and continue: 1. You follow the rails down in Terkamerenlaan/Bld de la Cambre 2. At the first intersection you go to the right into Franklin Rooseveltlaan/Avenue Franklin Roosevelt 3. After about 300 meters you will see the ULB at your left. I hope this useful. I planned to do this last year, but forgot it and only realized it again when I arrived Saturday morning and didn't remember which tram I had to take. Nico
Nico Van Cleemput <nico.vancleemput@gmail.com> writes:
1. You can take both Metro line 2 and 8: they run completely parallel between Brussels South and Louise.
There is no line 8. You mean line 6. But you are right, both lines will take you to Louise.
2. None of the signs at the tram stops or on the trams mention Herrmann-Debroux. You need the tram in the direction "Trammuseum/Musée du Tram".
Yes, line 94 has been extended to "Trammuseum/Musée du Tram" since 2011-03-14.
3. At Saturday and Sunday tram 94 is limited to Legrande. So you need to take the tram until Legrande, get off and continue:
That's not exactly it; every day before 20:00 the line is cut in two overlapping sections: Stade - Legrand and Louise - Musée du Tram; the overlap is Louise - Legrand. Therefore, at Louise, you must be sure to take a tram labelled Musée du Tram, not Legrand, in order to avoid a connection. Yes, everyone in Brussels understands the stupidity of cutting lines in halves and making things unnecessarily complicated; everyone except the public transport company (STIB). -- Ludovic Brenta.
participants (2)
-
Ludovic Brenta -
Nico Van Cleemput