Hi, I would like to know if FOSDEM is right for me. I'm student of Warsaw University of technology(2nd year) and I'm just a beginner in Free and Open Source world as in whole Computer Science. I know something. But comparing it to your knowledge and experience I'm a tiny mouse. I'm interested in Web Developing, Linux related and Projects Management. Best Regards, Maciej Rumianowski
Hi Maciej, Excerpts from Maciej Rumianowski's message of Mon Jan 11 23:59:05 +0100 2010:
Hi, I would like to know if FOSDEM is right for me. I'm student of Warsaw University of technology(2nd year) and I'm just a beginner in Free and Open Source world as in whole Computer Science. I know something. But comparing it to your knowledge and experience I'm a tiny mouse. I'm interested in Web Developing, Linux related and Projects Management. FOSDEM is for everyone. How much you benefit from visiting FOSDEM depends on what talks you join. The FOSDEM homepage will tell you about them. In any case you can meet many interesting people.
Marc Weber
On 1/11/10 2:59 PM, "Maciej Rumianowski" <maciej.rumianowski@gmail.com> wrote:
I would like to know if FOSDEM is right for me. I'm student of Warsaw University of technology(2nd year) and I'm just a beginner in Free and Open Source world as in whole Computer Science. I know something. But comparing it to your knowledge and experience I'm a tiny mouse. I'm interested in Web Developing, Linux related and Projects Management.
FOSDEM is a terrific conference that I would recommend to anyone with an interest in Linux and open source software. I think you'd have to work very, very hard _not_ to get something good out of it.
On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 03:19:00PM -0800, David Lefty Schlesinger wrote:
On 1/11/10 2:59 PM, "Maciej Rumianowski" <maciej.rumianowski@gmail.com> wrote:
I would like to know if FOSDEM is right for me. [...]
[...] I think you'd have to work very, very hard _not_ to get something good out of it.
Well, attending the beer event on Friday could be such a case, depending on how much beer you drink. But then again, some might say even Belgian beer is worth the journey. ;-) SCNR, Axel -- Axel Beckert - abe@deuxchevaux.org, abe@noone.org - http://noone.org/abe/
On 1/12/10 8:55 AM, "Axel Beckert" <abe@deuxchevaux.org> wrote:
Well, attending the beer event on Friday could be such a case, depending on how much beer you drink.
I can't recommend the beer event highly enough. If you only travel to one free software conference to get loaded this year, make it FOSDEM!
But then again, some might say even Belgian beer is worth the journey. ;-)
That'd be me, yeah. =D Love them Trappist ales!
On Tuesday 12 Jan 2010 17:21:42 David "Lefty" Schlesinger wrote:
On 1/12/10 8:55 AM, "Axel Beckert" <abe@deuxchevaux.org> wrote:
Well, attending the beer event on Friday could be such a case, depending on how much beer you drink.
I can't recommend the beer event highly enough. If you only travel to one free software conference to get loaded this year, make it FOSDEM!
I've had some absolutely amazing discussions about software patents in the middle of the (all night) beer session. Also, Drupal, Mono, Debian, openSuSE discussions and many others. KDE, Gnome etc..... It's a shame that daylight returns on Saturday morning ;) Then there's that trip on the 94 tram once again <holds head from last year> -- Richard
Il 11/01/2010 23:59, Maciej Rumianowski ha scritto:
Hi, I would like to know if FOSDEM is right for me. I'm student of Warsaw University of technology(2nd year) and I'm just a beginner in Free and Open Source world as in whole Computer Science. I know something. But comparing it to your knowledge and experience I'm a tiny mouse. I'm interested in Web Developing, Linux related and Projects Management.
Best Regards, Maciej Rumianowski
Hi Maciej, I'm an Italian chemist student, and I'll be at Fosdem for the second year as a Mozilla attendee since I'm working on software translation, but I'm interested in Web Developing and opening my mind, too. It doesn't matter how much you know, if you believe in the Free Software culture and are interested in Computer Science, then Fosdem is defenitively for you! bye, Iacopo
On 11/01/10 23:59, Maciej Rumianowski wrote:
Hi, I would like to know if FOSDEM is right for me. I'm student of Warsaw University of technology(2nd year) and I'm just a beginner in Free and
I had the very same question the first time I attended. At that time I was an IT profesionnal working mostly on closed source solution. On my free time I was helping the camino Web browser project. The mozilla guys told me to come and that I wouldn't regret it. I have been attending fosdem ever since. For me it's a very good way to discover new projects, dig into the projects I'm interested in and meet people. That last part is worth all the others combined. Ludo -- http://perso.hirlimann.net/~ludo/blog/ http://flickr.com/photos/lhirlimann
participants (7)
-
Axel Beckert -
David "Lefty" Schlesinger -
Iacopo Benesperi -
Ludovic Hirlimann -
Maciej Rumianowski -
Marc Weber -
Richard Ibbotson