free pick up @ fosdem: SunFire V210 SPARC system
Hi, I'd like to get rid of (2) SunFire V210 UltraSPARC IIIi systems. They're now in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. I'll bring them to the FOSDEM conference. If you'd like to have one (bonus points if you're doing Free Software development on it) contact me for agreeing on a time and place to hand it over. Bye, Joost -- irc:joostvb@{OFTC,freenode} ∙ http://mdcc.cx/ ∙ http://ad1810.com/
Hi again, On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 08:17:20AM +0100, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
I'd like to get rid of (2) SunFire V210 UltraSPARC IIIi systems. They're now in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. I'll bring them to the FOSDEM conference. If you'd like to have one (bonus points if you're doing Free Software development on it) contact me for agreeing on a time and place to hand it over.
Up to now, I've found 2 people interested. (Ward and Simon). This means I'll be stuck with some machines. So, if you're interested in a Sun SPARC system, please reply now. Beware: you'll likely need a car for transportation; these systems are quite cluncky. They're about 10 years old. Debian GNU/Linux and some BSD's and some other distro's are known to be installable and supported on these systems. See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Fire . Bye, Joost PS: visit me at the Debian booth, that's stand number 9 at level 1 in building K (the "new" building) -- irc:joostvb@{OFTC,freenode} ∙ http://mdcc.cx/ ∙ http://ad1810.com/
participants (1)
-
Joost van Baal-Ilić