Q: FOSDEM visit from Russia
Greetings! I'm would like to visit FOSDEM but never been in Europe before. So it's good time to do it now :) I'm planning to take a week vacation and do the road trip by Schengen area. According infos from Belgium FPS Foreign Affairs site (http://www.diplomatie.be/en/default.asp) and our russian site (http://www.belgium.ru/visa.php3) there are three variants for visiting Belgium and Schengen: 1) travel visa 2) individual visit by invitation 3) business visit by invitation As I'm understand 3) is not applicable for this case - FOSDEM organisators doesn't have legal form for this. 1) case is good, but have restrictions - I'm must reserve all hotels before travel (it's impossibe for road trip due missing information for reservation) and must by travel in agency (and repay for it). So 2) variant is best, but there is another problems - who is take all response for me? A few words about me and my contribution to FOSS: My name is Konstantin Lepikhov, I'm a technical administrator/developer of Russian Mozilla Team support forum (http://forum.mozilla-russia.org) and site (http://www.mozilla-russia.org). Also I'm a member of ALTLinux Team (http://www.sisyphus.ru/packager/lakostis/). All this projects (Mozilla Russia Team and ALT) make great job for open-source community: - Russian Mozilla Team is responsible for support of Mozilla products for russian users and developers and for Mozilla products promotion in Russia and exUSSR area. Our members are skilled translators, developers and administrators. We work closely with Mozilla.org community. - ALT Linux is international project for public Linux distribution and packages repository (www.sisyphus.ru). Members of ALT Linux Team are occupied in various international projects (http://www.altlinux.org/index.php?module=intproj). PS BTW, Is the anybody from xulfr.org is be on FOSDEM? -- WBR et al.
Hello Konstantin A. Lepikhov I'm not sure how this would work but if I can be of any help please contact me. The only problem is I live in Holland and don't know the rules about visas, this you would have to check. I will be attending FOSDEM with a college on both days. Terece Gilligan -----Original Message----- From: fosdem-bounces@lists.fosdem.org [mailto:fosdem-bounces@lists.fosdem.org] On Behalf Of Konstantin A. Lepikhov Sent: zaterdag 3 februari 2007 14:46 To: FOSDEM visitors Subject: [FOSDEM] Q: FOSDEM visit from Russia Greetings! I'm would like to visit FOSDEM but never been in Europe before. So it's good time to do it now :) I'm planning to take a week vacation and do the road trip by Schengen area. According infos from Belgium FPS Foreign Affairs site (http://www.diplomatie.be/en/default.asp) and our russian site (http://www.belgium.ru/visa.php3) there are three variants for visiting Belgium and Schengen: 1) travel visa 2) individual visit by invitation 3) business visit by invitation As I'm understand 3) is not applicable for this case - FOSDEM organisators doesn't have legal form for this. 1) case is good, but have restrictions - I'm must reserve all hotels before travel (it's impossibe for road trip due missing information for reservation) and must by travel in agency (and repay for it). So 2) variant is best, but there is another problems - who is take all response for me? A few words about me and my contribution to FOSS: My name is Konstantin Lepikhov, I'm a technical administrator/developer of Russian Mozilla Team support forum (http://forum.mozilla-russia.org) and site (http://www.mozilla-russia.org). Also I'm a member of ALTLinux Team (http://www.sisyphus.ru/packager/lakostis/). All this projects (Mozilla Russia Team and ALT) make great job for open-source community: - Russian Mozilla Team is responsible for support of Mozilla products for russian users and developers and for Mozilla products promotion in Russia and exUSSR area. Our members are skilled translators, developers and administrators. We work closely with Mozilla.org community. - ALT Linux is international project for public Linux distribution and packages repository (www.sisyphus.ru). Members of ALT Linux Team are occupied in various international projects (http://www.altlinux.org/index.php?module=intproj). PS BTW, Is the anybody from xulfr.org is be on FOSDEM? -- WBR et al.
participants (2)
-
Konstantin A. Lepikhov -
Terence Gilligan