Venue for Friday Beer Event
Hi, I think this link will make it very clear where the pub for the Friday Beer Event is located: http://www.openlinkmap.org/?lat=50.8484583&lon=4.3539259&zoom=18&id=249292418&type=node Best wishes for 2012! Polyglot
On 2012-01-01 00:11:17 (+0100), Jo <winfixit@gmail.com> wrote:
I think this link will make it very clear where the pub for the Friday Beer Event is located:
http://www.openlinkmap.org/?lat=50.8484583&lon=4.3539259&zoom=18&id=249292418&type=node
Thanks. Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me. The website wants to execute "JavaScript" code on people's computers. I don't think I'm the only one who doesn't think it's a good idea to let random websites in the sky run code on his computer. (Do you know who runs "openlinkmap"? Can they be trusted to run their software on my computer?) I believe there's a more trustworthy (ie: as far as I know, we don't try to run code on your computer) version somewhere on http://fosdem.org/. If there isn't, there probably should be. Jan: could you look at that? Thanks. Enjoy the next lap around the fiery fusion reactor in the sky. - Philip -- Philip Paeps Senior Reality Engineer Ministry of Information
Hi Philip, This is the 'simpler' way to highlight a node: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?node=249292418 The problem I have with that is, that it doesn't stand out very much. So I created a building outline for the pub: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?way=143686100 Polyglot 2012/1/1 Philip Paeps <philip@fosdem.org>
On 2012-01-01 00:11:17 (+0100), Jo <winfixit@gmail.com> wrote:
I think this link will make it very clear where the pub for the Friday Beer Event is located:
http://www.openlinkmap.org/?lat=50.8484583&lon=4.3539259&zoom=18&id=249292418&type=node
Thanks. Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me. The website wants to execute "JavaScript" code on people's computers. I don't think I'm the only one who doesn't think it's a good idea to let random websites in the sky run code on his computer. (Do you know who runs "openlinkmap"? Can they be trusted to run their software on my computer?)
I believe there's a more trustworthy (ie: as far as I know, we don't try to run code on your computer) version somewhere on http://fosdem.org/. If there isn't, there probably should be. Jan: could you look at that? Thanks.
Enjoy the next lap around the fiery fusion reactor in the sky.
- Philip
-- Philip Paeps Senior Reality Engineer Ministry of Information _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem
participants (2)
-
Jo -
Philip Paeps