Hi, I spent some time "rescuing" the old osdem (2001) website from archive.org. All internal links are relative, so it should be straightforward to put it in the archive section of fosdem.org. There are still some incorrect links in /comm.html (the original announcement), mainly because I'm not sure what they should point to. There are also some mailto: links that might or might not be appropriate. I'm attaching the current set of files. Frank -- "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian W. Kernighan
I spent some time "rescuing" the old osdem (2001) website from archive.org.
I've now also done the same thing for fosdem 2002. osdem 2001 files are at http://files.hostname.be/osdem.tgz fosdem 2002 files are at http://files.hostname.be/fosdem2002.tgz Everything has been through wget -k to make sure all internal links are relative. There are still some bad links in there, archive.org misses some images. These should be more or less ready to put on archive.fosdem.org. Frank -- "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian W. Kernighan
On 08/02/12 21:18, Frank Gevaerts wrote:
I spent some time "rescuing" the old osdem (2001) website from archive.org.
I've now also done the same thing for fosdem 2002.
I've been thinking about doing the same thing but it seemed like a huge effort. Thanks a lot Frank, I have put them on archive.fosdem.org and updated the "Archives" page on the website accordingly. Gerry.
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Frank Gevaerts <frank@gevaerts.be> wrote:
Hi,
I spent some time "rescuing" the old osdem (2001) website from archive.org. All internal links are relative, so it should be straightforward to put it in the archive section of fosdem.org.
Thanks for that. Peter (still proud about the 1 company image in the sponsors directory ;-)
On 2012-02-08 13:33:23 (+0100), Frank Gevaerts <frank@gevaerts.be> wrote:
I spent some time "rescuing" the old osdem (2001) website from archive.org. All internal links are relative, so it should be straightforward to put it in the archive section of fosdem.org.
Blast from the past. Thanks for doing this work. :) I don't have a clue about how the website works, but I'm sure that someone who does can hook this up to the archive shortly. - Philip -- Philip Paeps Senior Reality Engineer Ministry of Information
participants (4)
-
Frank Gevaerts -
Gerry Demaret -
Peter Vandenabeele -
Philip Paeps