Re: [FOSDEM] Budget outline for FOSDEM, needed to organize other project
Hi jacob, Afrika is a big place, which country are you looking for to get things organised? I have some experience and contacts in Egypt if you are interested. I was also involved in the beginning of fisdem in the Life/VA Linux context long, long time ago. As Linuxbe.com we might also provide moderate sponsoring to get things started, if you are interested. Good luck! Jasper On 23 Apr 2011 16:16, "Jakub Szypulka" <cubibubi@googlemail.com> wrote:
It's Nairobi, Kenya 2011/4/23 Jasper Nuyens <jnuyens@gmail.com>
Hi jacob,
Afrika is a big place, which country are you looking for to get things organised? I have some experience and contacts in Egypt if you are interested. I was also involved in the beginning of fisdem in the Life/VA Linux context long, long time ago. As Linuxbe.com we might also provide moderate sponsoring to get things started, if you are interested.
Good luck! Jasper On 23 Apr 2011 16:16, "Jakub Szypulka" <cubibubi@googlemail.com> wrote:
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
El sáb, 23-04-2011 a las 18:06 -0100, Gent Thaçi escribió:
It's Nairobi, Kenya
Then you might be interested in knowing that the University of Nairobi [1] uses both open source projects Drupal (CMS) and Chamilo (LMS) [2], which means they're probably also using the full LAMP stack. This might come up as an interesting host for the event (of course, I have no idea of what uonbi's reputation is over there), which might solve the second issue at hand (after the team): the venue. Although I'm not authorized to disclose any e-mail, you might contact at least someone into the subject from here: http://www.chamilo.org/es/node/630 Good luck! Yannick [1] http://www.uonbi.ac.ke/ [2] incidentally both are of Belgian origin too
2011/4/23 Jasper Nuyens <jnuyens@gmail.com> Hi jacob,
Afrika is a big place, which country are you looking for to get things organised? I have some experience and contacts in Egypt if you are interested. I was also involved in the beginning of fisdem in the Life/VA Linux context long, long time ago. As Linuxbe.com we might also provide moderate sponsoring to get things started, if you are interested.
Good luck! Jasper
On 23 Apr 2011 16:16, "Jakub Szypulka" <cubibubi@googlemail.com> wrote:
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
participants (3)
-
Gent Thaçi -
Jasper Nuyens -
Yannick Warnier