Semi-OT: Delirium website infected with malware?
Hi, I was trying to visit the Delirium website that is linked on this FOSDEM page https://fosdem.org/2016/beerevent/ and I got this warning https://www.dropbox.com/s/petjpmn4z7s8xy8/Screenshot%202016-01-14%2017.31.26... Is it just a false warning or maybe we should tell them? Cheers -- Andrea Grandi - Software Engineer Website: https://www.andreagrandi.it Twitter: https://twitter.com/andreagrandi GitHub: https://github.com/andreagrandi PGP: 7238 74F6 886D 5994 323F 1781 8CFB 47AD C384 F0CC
On 14/01/16 09:33 AM, a.grandi@gmail.com wrote:
I was trying to visit the Delirium website that is linked on this FOSDEM page https://fosdem.org/2016/beerevent/ and I got this warning https://www.dropbox.com/s/petjpmn4z7s8xy8/Screenshot%202016-01-14%2017.31.26...
Is it just a false warning or maybe we should tell them?
More info here: https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/safebrowsing/diagnostic/index.html... Francois
Hello, It's probably not a false warning but most likely a site linked on Delirium's page (via an ad or something) has been infected/compromised. Delirium could be notified but there's probably not much they can do about this than to wait for it to get resolved. //Matthias On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 7:33 PM, a.grandi@gmail.com <a.grandi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I was trying to visit the Delirium website that is linked on this FOSDEM page https://fosdem.org/2016/beerevent/ and I got this warning
https://www.dropbox.com/s/petjpmn4z7s8xy8/Screenshot%202016-01-14%2017.31.26...
Is it just a false warning or maybe we should tell them?
Cheers
-- Andrea Grandi - Software Engineer Website: https://www.andreagrandi.it Twitter: https://twitter.com/andreagrandi GitHub: https://github.com/andreagrandi PGP: 7238 74F6 886D 5994 323F 1781 8CFB 47AD C384 F0CC _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem
As a workaround, on the fosdem web page, you could consider to change the link to Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_Caf%C3%A9 Kai On Thu, 2016-01-14 at 21:25 +0200, Matthias Andersson wrote:
Hello,
It's probably not a false warning but most likely a site linked on Delirium's page (via an ad or something) has been infected/compromised. Delirium could be notified but there's probably not much they can do about this than to wait for it to get resolved.
//Matthias
On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 7:33 PM, a.grandi@gmail.com <a.grandi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I was trying to visit the Delirium website that is linked on this FOSDEM page https://fosdem.org/2016/beerevent/ and I got this warning
https://www.dropbox.com/s/petjpmn4z7s8xy8/Screenshot%202016-01-14%2017.31.26 .png?dl=0
Is it just a false warning or maybe we should tell them?
Cheers
-- Andrea Grandi - Software Engineer Website: https://www.andreagrandi.it Twitter: https://twitter.com/andreagrandi GitHub: https://github.com/andreagrandi PGP: 7238 74F6 886D 5994 323F 1781 8CFB 47AD C384 F0CC _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem
On 14/01/16 20:25, Matthias Andersson wrote:
Hello,
It's probably not a false warning but most likely a site linked on Delirium's page (via an ad or something) has been infected/compromised. Delirium could be notified but there's probably not much they can do about this than to wait for it to get resolved.
It is not just malware, it is pretty certain they are going to be hit by a DoS attack in about 2 weeks from now
participants (5)
-
a.grandi@gmail.com -
Daniel Pocock -
Francois Marier -
Kai Engert -
Matthias Andersson