Because someone wanted to hack a feature into our keyserver daemon, I've pushed the code to github. If anyone else is interested in hacking on it, or reusing it for another event... Go wild. https://github.com/ppaeps/fosdem-keysigning Most of that is highly FOSDEM-specific but might be inspiring to others. Or possibly serve as a warning. Yes, FOSDEM really is run by Perl scripts. - Philip -- Philip Paeps Senior Reality Engineer Ministry of Information
Hi Philip, On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 14:04, Philip Paeps <philip@fosdem.org> wrote:
Because someone wanted to hack a feature into our keyserver daemon, I've pushed the code to github. If anyone else is interested in hacking on it, or reusing it for another event... Go wild.
https://github.com/ppaeps/fosdem-keysigning
Most of that is highly FOSDEM-specific but might be inspiring to others. Or possibly serve as a warning.
Yes, FOSDEM really is run by Perl scripts.
Did I just miss the email, or have you forgotten to execute the last few lines from the README (I know, it's not "README.pl" :-)? | o Verify hashes with someone | o Sign the list | o Put in files/ksp-fosdemXXXX.txt{.asc} | - Note: *not* the hashes file! | o Also copy the keyring there | | o Send email (announce/1_list.mail) to fosdem@ | o Update event page (announce/1_list.html) in Drupal Some people may already be on the plane, without a printer. Thanks! Gr{oetje,eeting}s, Geert -- Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert@linux-m68k.org In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that. -- Linus Torvalds
On 02 Feb 2012, at 07:04, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 14:04, Philip Paeps <philip@fosdem.org> wrote:
Because someone wanted to hack a feature into our keyserver daemon, I've pushed the code to github. If anyone else is interested in hacking on it, or reusing it for another event... Go wild.
https://github.com/ppaeps/fosdem-keysigning
Most of that is highly FOSDEM-specific but might be inspiring to others. Or possibly serve as a warning.
Yes, FOSDEM really is run by Perl scripts.
Did I just miss the email, or have you forgotten to execute the last few lines from the README (I know, it's not "README.pl" :-)?
No. I'm on the first of those steps. Because people were perpetually late in sending their keys to the server, everything was pushed back a bit. I will send out the announcement shortly.
Some people may already be on the plane, without a printer.
There's a printer at FOSDEM as usual, but I would prefer people _not_ use this for printing out keylists unless they were actually on a plane and without a printer. - Philip -- Philip Paeps Senior Reality Engineer Ministry of Information
participants (3)
-
Geert Uytterhoeven -
Philip Paeps -
Wouter Verhelst