We're happy to announce that there will again be an opportunity to take certification exams at FOSDEM 2011. This year, the Linux Professional Institute, the BSD Certification Group and Typo3 will be offering their respective exams. Information is available here: http://fosdem.org/2011/certification The schedule is here: http://fosdem.org/2011/schedule/tracks/certification Note: I'm aware that the pointers on the second page point to the 2010 schedule. I have it on good authority that "the right thing" will happen to them once the rest of the schedule for 2011 goes out[0]. Please sign up for exam sessions with the respective certification groups sooner rather than later as space is limited. In the case of BSDCA, exam papers also need to travel across an ocean and it helps to know to within a reasonable epsilon how many papers need to be shipped. - Philip [0] In other words, you may want to copy the relevant information down on a piece of paper. Who knows what our content damagement thing feels "the right thing" is. Might involve fireworks. Call me a skeptic. -- Philip Paeps Please don't Cc me, I am philip@fosdem.org subscribed to the list.
Heya, Just registered for LPI number was about to sign up for an exam slot. Is the LPI site just slow or are all the places for LPI exams at FOSDEM already taken. Cant find FOSDEM in their list of venues :S
We're happy to announce that there will again be an opportunity to take certification exams at FOSDEM 2011. This year, the Linux Professional Institute, the BSD Certification Group and Typo3 will be offering their respective exams.
Information is available here: http://fosdem.org/2011/certification The schedule is here: http://fosdem.org/2011/schedule/tracks/certification
Note: I'm aware that the pointers on the second page point to the 2010 schedule. I have it on good authority that "the right thing" will happen to them once the rest of the schedule for 2011 goes out[0].
Please sign up for exam sessions with the respective certification groups sooner rather than later as space is limited. In the case of BSDCA, exam papers also need to travel across an ocean and it helps to know to within a reasonable epsilon how many papers need to be shipped.
- Philip
[0] In other words, you may want to copy the relevant information down on a piece of paper. Who knows what our content damagement thing feels "the right thing" is. Might involve fireworks. Call me a skeptic.
-- Philip Paeps Please don't Cc me, I am philip@fosdem.org subscribed to the list. _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
On 2010-12-14 10:22:00 (-0000), Stephanie Louise Reveley <slr7@aber.ac.uk> wrote:
Philip Paeps <philip@fosdem.org> wrote:
Please sign up for exam sessions with the respective certification groups sooner rather than later as space is limited. In the case of BSDCA, exam papers also need to travel across an ocean and it helps to know to within a reasonable epsilon how many papers need to be shipped.
Just registered for LPI number was about to sign up for an exam slot. Is the LPI site just slow or are all the places for LPI exams at FOSDEM already taken. Cant find FOSDEM in their list of venues :S
I've been told that FOSDEM isn't available on the LPI site yet. I've reported this to LPI and expect they'll fix this shortly. Watch this space. - Philip [fixed attribution, quoting] -- Philip Paeps Please don't Cc me, I am philip@fosdem.org subscribed to the list.
On 2010-12-14 11:40:37 (+0100), Philip Paeps <philip@fosdem.org> wrote:
On 2010-12-14 10:22:00 (-0000), Stephanie Louise Reveley <slr7@aber.ac.uk> wrote:
Philip Paeps <philip@fosdem.org> wrote:
Please sign up for exam sessions with the respective certification groups sooner rather than later as space is limited. In the case of BSDCA, exam papers also need to travel across an ocean and it helps to know to within a reasonable epsilon how many papers need to be shipped.
Just registered for LPI number was about to sign up for an exam slot. Is the LPI site just slow or are all the places for LPI exams at FOSDEM already taken. Cant find FOSDEM in their list of venues :S
I've been told that FOSDEM isn't available on the LPI site yet. I've reported this to LPI and expect they'll fix this shortly. Watch this space.
LPI lets us know that they've fixed the problem at their end. You can now register for exams at FOSDEM 2011 on the LPI website. Let the stampede begin! - Philip -- Philip Paeps Please don't Cc me, I am philip@fosdem.org subscribed to the list.
participants (2)
-
Philip Paeps -
Stephanie Louise Reveley