Hey I had planned to attend fosdem, but can't in the end. I wanted to know if there is any livestream (bambuser or Ustream feed?) that we can watch in real time or differed? specific video links to keynotes or talk would be just fine too.. anything like this being done? Best, Ben Borges
On 03/02/13 11:39, Ben Borges wrote:
Hey I had planned to attend fosdem, but can't in the end. I wanted to know if there is any livestream (bambuser or Ustream feed?) that we can watch in real time or differed? specific video links to keynotes or talk would be just fine too.. anything like this being done?
Hi Ben, This should be what you are looking for: https://fosdem.org/2013/news/2013-01-31-streaming/ Gerry
Hello Which program did you use for live stream? I saw that it was some Linux app :) Regards Michał W dniu 03.02.2013 11:43, Gerry Demaret pisze:
On 03/02/13 11:39, Ben Borges wrote:
Hey I had planned to attend fosdem, but can't in the end. I wanted to know if there is any livestream (bambuser or Ustream feed?) that we can watch in real time or differed? specific video links to keynotes or talk would be just fine too.. anything like this being done?
Hi Ben,
This should be what you are looking for:
https://fosdem.org/2013/news/2013-01-31-streaming/
Gerry _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem
-- Michał Olber IT-Specialist Mobile: +48.793.724.907 | e-mail: michal.olber@osworld.pl The Camels | Wróblewskiego 18 lok. 906, 93-578 Łódź, Poland www.osworld.pl | redakcja@osworld.pl | NIP: PL728-266-32-34 QHost.pl - Quality in Hosting OSWorld.pl - To mały świat wielkich systemów Uwolnijmysli.pl - Forum dla Otwartych Umysłów
Wouter: can you let Michał know what we use? Thanks. - Philip On 2013-03-15 09:58:22 (+0100), Michał olber <michal.olber@osworld.pl> wrote:
Hello Which program did you use for live stream? I saw that it was some Linux app :)
Regards Michał
W dniu 03.02.2013 11:43, Gerry Demaret pisze:
On 03/02/13 11:39, Ben Borges wrote:
Hey I had planned to attend fosdem, but can't in the end. I wanted to know if there is any livestream (bambuser or Ustream feed?) that we can watch in real time or differed? specific video links to keynotes or talk would be just fine too.. anything like this being done?
Hi Ben,
This should be what you are looking for:
https://fosdem.org/2013/news/2013-01-31-streaming/
Gerry _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/fosdem
-- Philip Paeps Senior Reality Engineer Ministry of Information
Hi Michał, On 15-03-13 09:58, Michał olber wrote:
Hello Which program did you use for live stream? I saw that it was some Linux app :)
The video setup at FOSDEM used dvswitch[1] for recording and mixing, and flumotion for the actual streaming. The dvswitch suite consists of dvsource (in two variants, which take DV video from either a file or from a firewire connection and put it on a TCP connection), dvsink (also in two variants, which take DV video from a TCP connection and store it in either a file, or hand it to a pipe for live streaming), and dvswitch itself, a GTK application which visualizes multiple dvsource streams, allows the user to select the one which will go live (optionally after applying some effects), and then passes the mixed output on to one or more dvsink connections. To pipe the video from dvswitch into flumotion, I used a slightly patched version of flumotion; patches are at [2]. Any specific plans? ;-) [1] http://dvswitch.alioth.debian.org/ [2] https://github.com/yoe/flumotion -- Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and save on postage.
participants (5)
-
Ben Borges -
Gerry Demaret -
Michał olber -
Philip Paeps -
Wouter Verhelst