Hey everybody! In an effort to make FOSDEM even more paperless, Adam Ziolkowski and me have created an iPhone application with the FOSDEM schedule. Unlike with the paper booklet, you can always download the most up-to-date schedule in case there are some last-minute changes. You can also view only lectures going on or starting soon, which could come in useful. We have also put in a map for each event, showing you where it is. We have released the source on GitHub [1] under the Beerware License, so feel free to adapt it for your own conference. It's quite flexible, being based on the xcal files generated by the pentabarf system FOSDEM uses. You can download it from the AppStore for free, I hope it'll be useful for some people! Cheers, Leon [1] http://github.com/leonbrussels/fosdem
On 1/16/10 12:26 PM, "Leon Handreke" <leon.handreke@gmail.com> wrote:
In an effort to make FOSDEM even more paperless, Adam Ziolkowski and me have created an iPhone application with the FOSDEM schedule.
I downloaded it immediately. This is _terrific_ (although I suspect that some folks, who will hopefully remain nameless, might have a fit, just at the idea...)! Great job.
Unlike with the paper booklet, you can always download the most up-to-date schedule in case there are some last-minute changes. You can also view only lectures going on or starting soon, which could come in useful. We have also put in a map for each event, showing you where it is.
Yes. This. I'm thinking of taking some photos of it and posting it on my blog, so that this gets syndicated onto Planet GNOME. In fact, I talked myself into it before I finished typing the last sentence. I'll have it up before I call it a night, I expect.
We have released the source on GitHub [1] under the Beerware License, so feel free to adapt it for your own conference. It's quite flexible, being based on the xcal files generated by the pentabarf system FOSDEM uses.
Even better. Leon and Adam, you guys rock. This is terrific stuff!
participants (2)
-
David "Lefty" Schlesinger -
Leon Handreke