FOSDEM/Brussels Google Maps Overlay
FOSDEMers: I¹ve set up a ³Brussels Places² (had it since last year, actually) overlay on Google Maps that may be helpful to out-of-towners. Got some sights and a bunch of restaurants on there, as well as the conference venue, train stations, a couple of hotels, etc. It¹s open to collaboration, so please feel free to add to it. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&hq=atom ium&hnear=Atomium,+1020+Brussels,+Belgium&msa=0&msid=110114885556079745619.0 004618c8ec6601ab09f3&ll=50.849415,4.357796&spn=0.061235,0.12085&z=13 I expect to be adding to it between now and the conference myself. Hope it¹s helpful. Enjoy!
On Wednesday 13 Jan 2010 22:43:55 David "Lefty" Schlesinger wrote:
I¹ve set up a ³Brussels Places² (had it since last year, actually) overlay on Google Maps that may be helpful to out-of-towners. Got some sights and a bunch of restaurants on there, as well as the conference venue, train stations, a couple of hotels, etc. It¹s open to collaboration, so please feel free to add to it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOSDEM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brussels Also very useful -- Richard
Hello! Thank you for the maps and info links about Brussels and FOSDEM. Having never been in Brussels I've been looking for public transport maps to help me get arround. This is the most comprehensive map I've found so far: http://ymtram.mashke.org/belgium/brussels/maps/brussels_2009.pdf http://ymtram.mashke.org/belgium/brussels/ See you in Brussels! miguel On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 22:53, Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson@gmail.com>wrote:
On Wednesday 13 Jan 2010 22:43:55 David "Lefty" Schlesinger wrote:
I¹ve set up a ³Brussels Places² (had it since last year, actually) overlay on Google Maps that may be helpful to out-of-towners. Got some sights and a bunch of restaurants on there, as well as the conference venue, train stations, a couple of hotels, etc. It¹s open to collaboration, so please feel free to add to it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOSDEM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brussels
Also very useful
-- Richard _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
That map looks identical to the public transport maps from MIVB/STIB that have 60 by 60 cm that you can get for free at the tourist information desks in the Brussels railway-stations. (I guess this guy scanned it in.) Ask for it, it is very handy when you are hopping on the public transport in Brussels. There is a new version about every 6 months. 2010/1/14 microft.pt <microft.pt@gmail.com>
Hello!
Thank you for the maps and info links about Brussels and FOSDEM.
Having never been in Brussels I've been looking for public transport maps to help me get arround.
This is the most comprehensive map I've found so far: http://ymtram.mashke.org/belgium/brussels/maps/brussels_2009.pdf http://ymtram.mashke.org/belgium/brussels/
See you in Brussels!
miguel
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 22:53, Richard Ibbotson < richard.ibbotson@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wednesday 13 Jan 2010 22:43:55 David "Lefty" Schlesinger wrote:
I¹ve set up a ³Brussels Places² (had it since last year, actually) overlay on Google Maps that may be helpful to out-of-towners. Got some sights and a bunch of restaurants on there, as well as the conference venue, train stations, a couple of hotels, etc. It¹s open to collaboration, so please feel free to add to it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOSDEM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brussels
Also very useful
-- Richard _______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
_______________________________________________ FOSDEM mailing list FOSDEM@lists.fosdem.org http://lists.fosdem.org/mailman/listinfo/fosdem
2010/1/14 Joost Ringoot <joost@ringoot.org>:
That map looks identical to the public transport maps from MIVB/STIB that have 60 by 60 cm that you can get for free at the tourist information desks in the Brussels railway-stations. (I guess this guy scanned it in.) Ask for it, it is very handy when you are hopping on the public transport in Brussels. There is a new version about every 6 months.
I don't think it's scanned: you can select the text (names of places etc) in the PDF. -- Frank Van Damme
2010/1/13 Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson@gmail.com>:
On Wednesday 13 Jan 2010 22:43:55 David "Lefty" Schlesinger wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOSDEM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brussels wikipedia is great, but wikitravel is even better! http://wikitravel.org/en/Brussels
-- Alvin Chang
participants (6)
-
Alvin Chang -
David "Lefty" Schlesinger -
Frank Van Damme -
Joost Ringoot -
microft.pt -
Richard Ibbotson