Talk proposal: Three ideas for the G1 GC (and how to get involved)
Title: Three ideas for the G1 GC (and how to get involved) Abstract: The G1 garbage collector is currently proposed to become the default garbage collector in JDK 9. Recently three new ideas for G1 were described on the hotspot-gc-dev@openjdk.java.net mailing list: - parallel full GC - throughput write barriers - rebuilding remembered sets during concurrent mark This talk will present these three new ideas so that people who are interested in getting into G1 development know where to start, see what the existing code looks like today and highlight how one can contribute (it is not only about code!). The presentation can be made longer if people want to dive deeper into the details (but it can also fit in a 25 minute slot). Bio: Erik Helin is a developer at Oracle working in the Java group as a member of the JVM Garbage Collection team. For the past four years Erik has been working on the trace events framework, diagnostic tools for the Metaspace and for the last two years on the G1 garbage collector. Erik has worked on most parts of the G1 garbage collector and lately with a special focus on the policies. Erik is a reviewer in the OpenJDK JDK 9 project and a member of the hotspot OpenJDK group. I'm not yet sure if I recording the talk is ok, I'm still awaiting approval. Thanks, Erik
2016-12-02 16:45 GMT+01:00 Erik Helin <erik.helin@oracle.com>:
On 12/01/2016 10:09 PM, Erik Helin wrote:
I'm not yet sure if I recording the talk is ok, I'm still awaiting approval.
I have now have approval, it is ok to record the talk under the CC-BY 2.0 license.
Fantastic, thanks! Mario -- pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF Java Champion - Blog: http://neugens.wordpress.com - Twitter: @neugens Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/ OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/ Please, support open standards: http://endsoftpatents.org/
participants (2)
-
Erik Helin -
Mario Torre