Talk proposal: Call a getter faster with reflection, MethodHandles or LamdbaMetaFactory (plain text version)
[My apologies for the duplication, the first mail when out in html instead of as plain text] Hi all, I'd like to submit this talk for fosdem 2019: Title: Call a getter faster with reflection, MethodHandles or LamdbaMetaFactory Abstract: What is the fastest way to read a getter from a Java class without knowing the class at compilation time? Java frameworks often do this. A lot. And it can directly influence their performance. So I’ve benchmarked different approaches, such as reflection, method handles, LamdbaMetaFactory and code generation. Recently I updated them for JDK 11. Especially MethodHandles have an interesting catch 22 situation, which I'll explain during the presentation. Brief bio: Lead of OptaPlanner, the open source constraint solver in Java Microblog URL: https://twitter.com/GeoffreyDeSmet Blog URL: https://www.optaplanner.org/blog/ -- With kind regards, Geoffrey De Smet
participants (1)
-
Geoffrey De Smet