Would an introduction to a not-yet-functional OS be accepted?
Would an introduction to an OS that is not yet functional but has most of the architecture planned out be accepted? I'm currently working on a QNX-like OS based on seL4 <https://gitlab.com/uxrt> but at the moment don't have anything beyond kernel bindings and memory allocators. I do however have the basic architecture all planned out; <https://gitlab.com/uxrt/uxrt-toplevel/-/blob/master/architecture_notes> is a fairly complete (but a bit disorganized) summary. I'd be interested in giving an introductory presentation (loosely following the top section of my architectural notes file).
Dear Andrew,
Would an introduction to an OS that is not yet functional but has most of the architecture planned out be accepted?
Yes, I think that this is a very fitting topic for the devroom. Please do submit your talk using Pentabarf.
I'd be interested in giving an introductory presentation (loosely following the top section of my architectural notes file).
Great, looking forward to it! Given the expected audience (i.e. the designers and developers of other microkernel-based OSes), I humbly suggest you focus on the points where your design differs from the previous/other approaches and what should be the benefits. Thanks! Best regards Martin Decky
On 12/13/21, Martin Decky <martin@decky.cz> wrote:
Dear Andrew,
Would an introduction to an OS that is not yet functional but has most of the architecture planned out be accepted?
Yes, I think that this is a very fitting topic for the devroom. Please do submit your talk using Pentabarf.
I'd be interested in giving an introductory presentation (loosely following the top section of my architectural notes file).
Great, looking forward to it!
Given the expected audience (i.e. the designers and developers of other microkernel-based OSes), I humbly suggest you focus on the points where your design differs from the previous/other approaches and what should be the benefits. Thanks!
Has anybody had a chance to look over my submission yet?
Dear Andrew,
Has anybody had a chance to look over my submission yet?
We acknowledge receiving your submission. However, we will go though all the submissions after the submission deadline on December 28th. Evaluating the submissions individually sooner might lead to suboptimal decisions. Best regards Martin Decky
participants (2)
-
Andrew Warkentin -
Martin Decky