[Community DevRoom] Introduction for my co-speaker Martina Pocchiari (FOSDEM Community Devroom Submission)

Stacy Rostova stacy at sysown.com
Wed Nov 27 21:51:45 CET 2019

Hello everyone,

As per Laura's suggestion on LinkedIn, sending the info about my co-speaker
here as Pentabarf doesn't enable me to do so (yes, this is a feature
request!).

I have submitted our talk (*Balancing the Brand and the Value: How To Be
Perceived As A Community-Focused & Community-Driven Company while Achieving
Your Business Goals*) on my behalf, however, I believe that I should
specifically point out that this is a* joint talk from two speakers*,
myself and Martina Pocchiari, a PhD Candidate at Erasmus Research Institute
of Management (ERIM).

*Speaker bio for Martina:*

Martina Pocchiari is a Phd Candidate in *Empirical Quantitative Marketing *in
the marketing group at the *Rotterdam School of Management*, Erasmus
University.

In her research projects,
<https://sites.google.com/view/martinapocchiari/research/projects> she
investigates the determinants of individual *engagement* in brand and
consumer *communities*, and the effect of exposure to *fake news* on the
consumption of informative and accurate content.

In order to address these issues, she integrates methods and tools from *causal
inference*, *machine learning*, *network analysis*, and *experimental
economics*.

*Martina's list of talks given:*

*2019*

   - EMAC Doctoral Colloquium. *"The Impact of Community and Activity
   Characteristics on Active Participation: Evidence from Meetup.com"*.
   Hamburg, May 27-31 2019.
   - PhD Roundtable Marketing Effectiveness Through Customer Journeys and
   Multichannel Management. *"The Impact of Community and Activity
   Characteristics on Active Participation: Evidence from Meetup.com"*.
   Bologna, June 16-18 2019.
   - INFORMS Marketing Science. *"The Impact of Community and Activity
   Characteristics on Active Participation: Evidence from Meetup.com"*.
   Rome, June 19-22 2019.

Martina told me that she doesn't have any recordings of her conference
talks available yet, however, you can get some photo evidence of her
speaker experience
<https://sites.google.com/view/martinapocchiari/misc/pictures-from-conferences>
.

Please feel free to contact Martina directly as needed (she's CC'd here).

Having shared this, I finally feel that our submission has been completed
with the equal portion of attention given to both speakers, not just the
one who submitted a talk :)

Have a good rest of your week, everyone!
Thank you for your attention!

All the best,
Anastasia 'Stacy' Raspopina,
Communications Manager @ ProxySQL