[FOSDEM] Call For Lightning Talks
cvandeplas at fosdem.org
Mon Dec 11 13:04:52 CET 2006
from the FOSDEM website: <http://www.fosdem.org/2007/lightningtalks>
Lightning talks are your 15 minutes of fame: every open source or free
software project can apply for a lightning talk.
During exactly 15 minutes, one person gets to present the project or an
aspect of it.
All lightning talks will happen in a large room that can host almost 300
Interested in applying ? Don't waste any time and read more before all
places are taken.
You can apply for a lightning talk if you comply with the following
* Every project can only have one lightning talk.
* The project may not have a Developer Room at FOSDEM.
* A lightning talk is given by one person.
* The travel expenses of Lightning Talk speakers are not covered by
FOSDEM. * We won't send official invitations either. (needed sometimes for
* All Lightning Talks will be recorded. The recordings will be made
available freely, shortly after the event.
Also note that in order to be granted a lightning talk, you will have to
follow these rules:
* A fixed computer is used for all presentations: the speaker must send in
his presentation before Thursday 12th February, 23h59.
* The following software will be available on the computer: firefox, xpdf
3, acroread 7, openoffice.org 2. (Other software can be requested, but may
not be granted)
* The speaker must attend the lightning talk of the speaker before him, in
order to guarantee a smooth switch between speakers.
* A speaker is given exactly 15 minutes time. There will be a clock that
indicates the time that the speaker has left. When the clock rings, the
speaker may not speak another word.
If you are interested in doing a lightning talk, then send an email to
lightningtalks at lists.fosdem.org with following information:
Your full name (you being the speaker) and country of origin
* The name and website of the project
* A short description of the project
* A short description of what your lightning talk will be about.
* A short bio, especially regarding your FOSS activities.
* Optionally, a photo of yourself.
The lightning talks schedule information will be published on the FOSDEM
website, including the information above.
Lightning talks are handled on a "first received, first handled" basis, so
don't wait too long to apply.
The final lightning talk schedule will be published on the website on the
27th of January.
More information about the FOSDEM