[FOSDEM] Linux Show Presentation

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel.arostegui at artica.es
Fri Dec 7 00:02:22 CET 2007

> Hello,
>
> I met Xavier De Blas, the developer of Chronojump(1) at the "Trophées du
> libre" the international free software contest(2). He presents an amazing
> conference called "Linux Show" since 2001.
>
> More info here :
> http://www.xdeblas.com/linuxshow/
> http://www.xdeblas.com/cgi-bin/ascodewiki?reviews
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J6XtSgStGs
>
> I think, it should be great to invite him to FOSDEM.

I was the organizer of a event here in Spain some years ago and we hired
him, what a big error.
At least when we did, he asked for an incredible amount of money (I can't
remember but it was a lot, for what he does...), he also wanted to be
treated like a rock star (aside from the money he wanted his room to be
paid as well..)
So, the point is, it's just a show, yes, but is it worth it? From my point
of view and taking into account what I saw, no.
Maybe he has changed his cache and his behaviour, let us know what happens!

All the best,
Manuel