[FOSDEM] Re: Sponsoring Fosdem 2008

Christophe Vandeplas cvandeplas at fosdem.org
Wed Nov 28 19:21:16 CET 2007

Marten Vijn wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 14:32 +0100, Jasper Nuyens wrote:
>> Hi List,
>>
>> I'm sorry to bother you again, but we still have had no reply
>> whatsoever to our question to sponsor FOSDEM 2008. We would like to
>> know the how much and where to transfer our money to :)
>> Having different sponsoring options would be nice as well, but
>> basically we're looking for a small 'booth' space and possibly some
>> brand recognition on the website.
>
> Well then, I 'll take some freedom here, hopefully without being
> offence.
>
> I am not from the organisation, however I offered the organization, to
> bring network equipment and help out with te network. This in favour of
> some sponsoring to the foundation wifisoft.org that owns and maintains
> the hardware/software.
>
> I be happy to bring our stuff, but I would be unfair to leave us with te
> costs.
>
> see wifisoft.org en opencommunitycamp.org

Thank you for the offers
These messages have been forwarded to the sponsoring-responsible.

Concerning network-hardware:
We are currently investigating an interesting way to buy very cheap
quality networking-hardware. That's probably the reason why you didn't
get a confirmation about lending material. Thanks again for the offer. We
will contact you certainly if we need this material.

Concerning a booth:
To keep the high-technical level of the event and due to the high-amount
of requests for booths we prefer not to give sponsors a
commercial/promotional booth-space.
The visitors should only find booths concerning opensource projects.

If you want to support the organisation donations are always welcome.
We have a huge list of 'return-for-donators' to thank you. More
information can be found here: <http://fosdem.org/2008/support/donate>

Greets

Christophe
--