PGP KSP keysubmission is open (was: Re: [FOSDEM] keysigning party)

Wouter Verhelst wouter at debian.org
Tue Dec 30 12:31:50 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 12:54:13PM +0200, Matthias Andersson wrote:
> When I run gpg2 --list-public-keys I see my key on the list with three
> lines, pub, uid and sub. pub and sub have strings 2048/******, which
> is the identifier I shall use with the export command?

The one on the 'pub' line is your GPG key identifier; that's why that
line says 'pub', since you may have multiple subkeys (which are then
listed on separate 'sub' lines).

However, if you use the subkey ID, gpg _should_ be able to figure out
what you mean, and act accordingly.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22