[FOSDEM] Linux Show Presentation

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Mon Jan 7 00:28:56 CET 2008

Hello,

On Dec/06/2007, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:

Wow, 1 month to answer this message :-)

> > I met Xavier De Blas, the developer of Chronojump(1) at the "Trophées du
> libre" the international free software contest(2). He presents an
> amazing conference called "Linux Show" since 2001.
> >
> > More info here :
> > http://www.xdeblas.com/linuxshow/
> > http://www.xdeblas.com/cgi-bin/ascodewiki?reviews
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J6XtSgStGs
> >
> > I think, it should be great to invite him to FOSDEM.
> >

> I was the organizer of a event here in Spain some years ago and we hired
> him, what a big error.

I know Xavi so maybe I'm bit biassed/influenced.

Trying to be objective: he did more than 100 linuxshows (that's a lot!)
and mainly everybody hired him because they saw in other linuxshow, they
liked and hired again. So it'is not so bad :-) Even some people wanted
to hire every year for the same place.

Other thing: it's a show, and it change everytime a bit... sometimes is
better, sometimes worst

> Maybe he has changed his cache and his behaviour, let us know what
> happens!

it's possible :-)

Anyway: sadly he is not doing more Linuxshows, he stopped to do it :-(

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona