[FOSDEM] NOT SPAM : Free Software/Open Source/Linux/ Conference/Expo/Meeting for Kosova/Kosovo

James Michael DuPont water_proof at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 3 07:02:15 CEST 2008

Hello,

first of all, sorry about the mass mailing. I have extracted some of your emails from the internet.

You all have heard about Kosova/Kosov being the newest State in the world.

But many people dont know that there are many young and talented people there who are waiting for an opporunity to learn about GNU.

Half of the population is under 30 years old, almost all are computer literate. The problem is that they spend most of thier time playing counterstrike (an online game) and not learning about and working on GNU.

We should work together to promote free software in developing countries.

Kosova needs to have a linux conference like the fosdem.

I need your help :

1. Creating albanian/serbian/turkish translations of the text
2. Finding and sponsering speakers to come

        2.1 I want to invite RMS to come and we need to pay for his flight and hotel and expenses etc.

3. Finding and sponsering the location here it will take place.
4. Inviting guest and promoting the event.
5. finding sponsors to print a live GNU DVD http://www.freespire.org/ for the event.

I have created a video on youtube to explain my position on this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tQ7A-qNOWk

And here I detail my plans for the conference :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBCfqDC_2Sc

I would like to invite you to my facebook event that I am using to collect information :
http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=23443368809

thank you very much,

James Michael DuPont