[FOSDEM] Key Server Issues?

Gabor Kuti gabor.s.kuti at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 10 21:21:51 CET 2009

Guys,

Thanks very much for this thread -- it helped me setting up my own
home signing event :)

I think I was successful signing and emailing the keys. Unfortunately
I have not redirected the output from caff to a file so I am unable to
check if everything was o.k.

The public IDs were reported to have a problem  (see last line):
[NOTICE] got unknown reply from gpg: [GNUPG:] KEYEXPIRED 1196525878
[NOTICE] got unknown reply from gpg: [GNUPG:] SIGEXPIRED
deprecated-use-keyexpired-instead
[NOTICE] Imported key D273757CD89E21A1610909D3618374FF is a version 3
key.  Version 3 keys are obsolete, should not be used, and are not and
will not be properly supported.
[NOTICE] Imported key AE5A47405AA0D6158E5444AA8DDD6EBD is a version 3
key.  Version 3 keys are obsolete, should not be used, and are not and
will not be properly supported.
[NOTICE] got unknown reply from gpg: [GNUPG:] KEYEXPIRED 1223736272
[NOTICE] got unknown reply from gpg: [GNUPG:] SIGEXPIRED
deprecated-use-keyexpired-instead
[NOTICE] Import failed for: 08782930 92EF5425 FA18A639. (Or maybe it's
one of those ugly v3 keys?)

These are numbers 4, 183 and 184. Not sure what the problem might be.

Apart from that according to the exim log it sent out emails, I've
seen occassional errors for some email address. Some of the also
bounced back as they were non-existent.

To cut the long story short let me know if I need to do anything for you :)

I have uploaded my public key to http://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net/ but you
should be able to find it in the keyring downloaded from ksp.mdcc.cx.

Cheers,
Gabor