[FOSDEM] Re: Internet access during FOSDEM

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Tue Jan 13 12:05:36 CET 2009

On 2009-01-13 10:51:56 (+0000), Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I wonder if will be possible to have free internet access during FOSDEM.
> > Thanks
>
> Yes.  There is a lot of free Wi-Fi.  However, it can be variable in quality
> and sometimes non-existant.   I prefer to use a cafe over at Grand Place
> which uses Belgacom Wi-Fi for about €3 to €5 per hour.

In the last few years, we've invested significant amounts of time and money in
wireless infrastructure.  At least the last two years, the network has been
very reliable and was able to keep up with the load.

This year, Cisco is kindly letting us use some very beefy gear at FOSDEM, in
addition to the equipment we had previous years.

We're confident the network will work.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip at fosdem.org                                subscribed to the list.

  A budget is trying to figure out how the family next
  door is doing it.