[FOSDEM] Re: FOSDEM Digest, Vol 35, Issue 1
jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 14 12:21:50 CEST 2009
> From: Anto Recio <antonio.recio at fundecyt.es>
> Subject: [FOSDEM] Debconf
> see you in Cáceres
See you in Prishtina :
Here is our call for papers:
CALL FOR PAPERS
First International Software Freedom Conference of Kosova
August 29-30, 2009
Prishtina / Kosovo
The University of Prishtina and Free/Libre Open Source Software
Association of Kosova (FLOSSK) are pleased to announce the Call for
Papers for the First International Software Freedom Conference of
Kosova, which will be held on August 29 and 30 at the Faculty of
Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Prishtina.
Considering the pioneering nature of this conference, the focus will
be on the following subjects:
* What is free software and open source?
* How can free and open source software help in economic development?
* How can public and private institutions benefit from free
and open source software?
* Copyright, Licensing and Patents
* Wikimedia and Free Culture
* Use of free and open source software for Schools and Business?
* How to work with Microsoft using Free Software and Open Source?
* Developers presenting work on projects.
* Use and development of free and open source software for:
2. OS Kernel,
3. Programming/scripting languages,
4. Development tools,
9. Web, Web 2.0,
11. Multimedia and video production
13. Voice over IP
Authors are encouraged to also submit papers on any other topic not
listed above but related to free and open source software.
Call for papers closes 15 July 2009
Initial notification of acceptance 25 July 2009
Deadline for final versions of papers 10 August 2009
Conference 29/30 August 2009
Your proposal will need to include:
* Your name and a bit of bio info (include a bit about your
qualifications regarding your presentation topic)
* Name of talk
* A really brief summary of the presentation (around 200 words). If
the paper is accepted you will need to provide a summary of your paper
in no more than 1000 words.
* Who your talk is likely to interest (some keywords)
* Name and bio information of any co-authors
Papers can be in one of the national languages of Kosovo or preferably
Authors will be notified of the acceptance of their proposal by the
proposal acceptance date.
If you require faster confirmation of acceptance (for example, because
you are traveling from overseas and require extra time to make
arrangements) please communicate this to the committee when submitting
Submissions can be made by e-mailing your paper to:
sfk-submissions at flossk.org This e-mail address is being protected from
using the online Paper Submission Form.
Even if you are not interested to speak, we encourage you to
pariticpate at the conference. Registration is open and can be
accessed by going to:
The organizers of the conference, University of Prishtina and FLOSSK,
have setup a program committee to oversee the program of the
Conference. This committee consists of the following members:
* Mentor Arifaj, University of Prishtina (Chair)
* Bernard Nikaj, FLOSSK (Chair)
* Lule Ahmedi, University of Prishtina
* James Mike Dupont, FLOSSK
* Agni Dika, University of Prishtina
* Blerim Rexha, University of Prishtina
* Nysret Musliu, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
* Idriz Smaili, Bosch GmbH, Austria
* Flavia Marzano, FLOSSK, Italy
* Isak Shabani, University of Prishtina
* Milot Shala, FLOSSK
* Ehat Qerimi, University of Prishtina
* Arber Dhomi, FLOSSK
* Toshaan Bharvani, FLOSSK. Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium
* Artan Rexhepi, University of Prishtina
For any further information, feel free to email the Chairs of the
Program Committee, Bernard Nikaj or Mentor Arifaj.
More information about the FOSDEM