[FOSDEM] News : Call For Main Tracks
info at fosdem.org
info at fosdem.org
Sat Oct 10 14:50:05 CEST 2009
The *Main Tracks* are two simultaneous lectures given in the two biggest
rooms giving a seat to 550 and 1400 visitors. They tend to host lectures for
a broader audience than the specialized Developer Rooms.
.... You can send in your abstract if you meet the following conditions:
* The subject is about free or open source software development.
* The proposed lecture is technical. Our visitors do not come to FOSDEM for
a marketing talk or a simple overview of the features of your product.
* A Main Track talk is given by one person, who is a developer of the
* By sending in your abstract you acknowledge that you keep the dates of 6-7
Feburary 2010 free in case your proposal has been selected.
* The travel expenses and hotel bookings of main track speakers are covered
by FOSDEM. Speakers are kindly asked to book their travel themselves while
FOSDEM manages the hotel. Bringing your partner is encouraged but his/her
costs are not covered by FOSDEM. (except the hotel)
* All Main Track talks will be recorded. The recordings and slides will be
made available freely, shortly after the event.
.... Also note that in order to be granted a Main Track talk, you will have
to follow these rules:
* You can use your own computer for the presentation if you want, please
warn us in advance if you don't have one.
* The speaker must attend the main track lecture before his, in order to
guarantee a smooth switch between speakers.
* A speaker is given exactly 50 minutes time, include questions and answers.
A moderator will be there showing you signs of 15, 10 and 5 minutes left.
* You will need to keep proofs of your expenses, reimbursement will be done
after the event.
If you are interested in doing a Main Track talk, submit the form below !
Good luck in the selection process !
For more information check out: http://fosdem.org/2010/call_for_main_tracks
More information about the FOSDEM