[FOSDEM] Budget outline for FOSDEM, needed to organize other project

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Sat Apr 23 16:03:09 CEST 2011

On 23 Apr 2011, at 14:01, Jakub Szypulka wrote:
> I am interested in how much of the budget was spent on travel costs/accomodation,
> how much on the venue etc.

Most of the budget was spent on travel and accommodation for speakers.  FOSDEM is
fortunate enough to get the venue for free.  Though we do spend a fair amount of
money on "furnishing" the venue.  We rent tables, chairs, rubbish bins, coatracks
and a truckload of other things which seem obvious once you have them.

> Also, how did you get to the sponsors?

By calling around - a lot.  Make a list of companies you'd like to have sponsor
and try to find them right people there.  If you're just starting out, chances
are you'll just need to find one generous sponsor.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer