[FOSDEM] Shipping items

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Mon Jan 10 16:39:33 CET 2011

On 2011-01-10 15:30:02 (+0000), Måns Rullgård <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
> We (Beagleboard) would like to ship some equipment to the event location
> ahead of time.  Is this possible, and if yes, what address shall we use?

It is not possible for the FOSDEM organization to accept shipments on behalf
of exhibitors (or anyone else for that matter) prior to the event.  FOSDEM is
already a logistics nightmare without that complication.

Please also do not ship stuff to the venue on Friday under the assumption that
FOSDEM staff will be happy to sign for it.  We've had some groups take that
approach in previous years and it's a pain to accept the shipments, store them
securely and ultimately ensure that they reach the right people on Saturday.

We're an open source conference, not a parcel service.

Having said that: perhaps someone subscribed to this list with spare storage
space (perhaps at their place of work) could get in touch with you out of band
to arrange something.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip at fosdem.org                                subscribed to the list.