[FOSDEM] Any interest in 3XL tshirts?

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Mon Jan 10 23:50:06 CET 2011

On 2011-01-10 21:14:58 (+0100), Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles at elpauer.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Philip Paeps <philip at fosdem.org> wrote:
> > We're just ordering this year's tshirts (and they will look at least as
> > nice as last year!) and it strikes me that the geek demographic seems to
> > be getting smaller and smaller from year to year.  The bulk of our tshirts
> > are currently L and M where they used to be XL and XXL.
>
> I'm (gladly) surprised by this. Maybe geek health is improving?

Geert's datapoint suggests that there may be a geographical variable.  I can
only speak for FOSDEM and I only have statistics for the past seven years.
Also keep in mind that not everyone donates in return for a free tshirt every
year - we don't have a 1:1 visitor/tshirt ratio.

So in many ways our data is lacking.  I would be hesitant to draw any kind of
meaningful conclusions from them. :-)

> Probably too late for this year but: can we have t-shirts in "normal"
> colors? I mean, different from totally black and totally white.

It has been a very long time since we've had black tshirts and we've never had
white tshirts.  You'll have to wait for February to see more of this year's
tshirts.  My lips are sealed.  Have to keep some mystery going eh. ;-)

Note that choosing colours for geek tshirts isn't as simple as it would seem.
There's a significant contigent who firmly maintain that black goes with
everything and any other colour is wrong.  And arguably black isn't even a
colour (if you subscribe to the notion that a colour is the reflection of a
particular wavelength of visible light).  Then there are the 'pastel vetos'
and those who wouldn't be caught dead in red.

We've had some (very) lively discussions about colours at team meetings...

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip at fosdem.org                                subscribed to the list.