[FOSDEM] Film on FOSDEM

Christophe Vandeplas cvandeplas at fosdem.org
Tue Jan 18 22:34:28 CET 2011

Hi Jakub,

> The goal of the recordings is to provide a means for people who cannot
> attend the conference but would like to see the speeches or for
> archival purposes, whereas the film I shot let's people, attendee or
> not, grasp a glimpse of the atmosphere at the conference. This is
> especially nice to watch months after a conference.

<silence>

I just watched that movie and it's indeed very well done.
Both the quailty of the image (colors, light,..) and the "storyline"
kept me watching untill the end.

> tl;dr: Would the FOSDEM be interested in a film like the one the Libre
> Graphics Meeting got here http://vimeo.com/18568225 ?

Certainly !
We tried to do this in the past and captured some video fragments of
the atmosphere but noone was able to make something usable like you
did.
Such a video/movie, if it's created, will very probably find its way
on the website and the YouTube FOSDEMtalks channel
(http://www.youtube.com/fosdemtalks)