[FOSDEM] First main tracks for FOSDEM 2013

Gerry Demaret gerry at fosdem.org
Sun Dec 9 22:25:19 CET 2012

Now that the call for main tracks has been closed, we are pleased to
announce the first main tracks for FOSDEM 2013!

We are still reviewing some proposals so there is much more to come,
but we don't want to keep you waiting any longer. We are proud to
announce the following talks, in no particular order:

  * "FreedomBox 1.0", by Bdale Garbee
  * "How we made the Jenkins community", by Kohsuke Kawaguchi
  * "The Keeper of Secrets", by Leslie Hawthorn
  * "systemd, Two Years Later", by Lennart Poettering
  * "Practical Security for developers, using OWASP ZAP", by Simon
    Bennetts
  * "Open Science, Open Software, and Reproducible Code", by Bill Hoffman
  * "Maintaining a kernel subsystem", by Wolfram Sang
  * "Keccak, More Than Just SHA3SUM", by The Keccak Team
  * "Can we finally replace Skype, Viber, Twitter and Facebook?", by
    Daniel Pocock
  * "Static site generation for the masses", by Denis Defreyne
  * "Trends in Open Source Security", by Florian Weimer
  * "Vroom! Free Software in your car", by Jeremiah Foster
  * "Scaling PHP with HipHop", by Sara Golemon

We are still trying to pour all of these into tracks, you can watch our
progress on the schedule [1] page.

[1] https://fosdem.org/2013/schedule/