[FOSDEM] Hotel discounts

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Fri Dec 28 12:33:08 CET 2012

On 2012-12-28 13:34:21 (+0900), Nicolas Limare <nicolas+fosdem at limare.net> wrote:
> > We are pleased to announce that a number of hotels in Brussels are
> > offering a discount to FOSDEM visitors. See the accommodation page
> > (https://fosdem.org/2013/practical/accommodation/) for more information
> > on which hotels and how to book.
>
> Unfortunately, the reservation form asks us to provide our "CVV code",
> ie the über-secret code printed on the back of my credit card, and I
> don't want to write this code on plain paper sent to anonynous eyes.
>
> Could this be changed?

It should be clear to anyone that we did not create the forms...

I suggest you just write: "will call" in the fields pertaining to your
credit card details and phone them to confirm your reservation.  That's
what I always do when there's no properly secure way to book.

If the hotel discount partnership proves to be sufficiently successful
to repeat next year, we'll definitely talk with our partner about
bringing their procedure into the 21st century.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer