[FOSDEM] Press Request: Fosdem attendance figures for 2012?

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Thu Feb 9 19:19:35 CET 2012

On 2012-02-09 16:27:19 (+0100), Mathias Huber <mhuber at linuxnewmedia.de> wrote:
> for a news item in Linux-Magazin, could you estimate the attendance figures
> for 2012? What were they in 2011?

We've been guessing "about 5000" for a couple of years.  That's also what we
print on the t-shirts and in other publications.  We can't get exact numbers
because people are free to turn up (or not) as they please.  The 5000 number
was guestimated based on a number of factors and seems to be a reasonable
reflection of reality.

> How many more rooms were available through the use of building K?

We had one extra large auditorium and six extra smaller devrooms.  But mainly
the K building gave us a lot more space to put stands and a much nicer
environment for the stands themselves.  I'm sure they're happy to be out of
their dark corridors!

> Is the date for 2013 already set?

Not yet.  We are trying to schedule a debriefing meeting with ULB in the next
week or two.  We'll try to get the dates sorted out then, but we may need to
wait until summer if ULB has no view on their calendar yet...

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer