[FOSDEM] 2012 presentations

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Fri Feb 10 15:48:18 CET 2012

On 2012-02-10 15:37:46 (+0100), Benjamin Henrion <bh at udev.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:31 AM, Philip Paeps <philip at fosdem.org> wrote:
> > On 2012-02-10 02:22:28 (+0100), Raffaele Recalcati <lamiaposta71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> As I believe in this conference growing years-by-years I'm convinced that
> >> a proper presentation archive is needed.
> >
> > We've had a presentation archive for ages.  If it's not proper, we need to
> > fix that.  Currently, we just link the presentations to the schedule.
> >  That seems to be a natural fit.
> >
> >> Obviously we need the collection of presentation and a good storage to
> >> put it.  In order to solve the first item I guess an announcement on
> >> these and other ml like this "Hey 2012 speaker, can you please send us
> >> your presentation? We'll put it on the website".
> >
> > We just email speakers directly and ask them for their presentations at
> > the
>
> The flaw in there is that you are only taking care of the "main tracks".

Did you miss some emails?  We're obviously doing the devrooms too.  We just
didn't email them to submit their slides yet.

> Setting up an email address "slides at fosdem.org" would be helpful for
> next edition.

No.  That would be a catastrophically stupid regression.

Main track speakers and devroom coordinators can just upload their slides to
Pentabarf.  If we ask people to email them, we need to put them in Pentabarf.
We have better things to do.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps