[FOSDEM] Proposition of presentation

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Fri Jan 6 17:47:59 CET 2012

On 2012-01-06 15:11:42 (+0100), claire corgnou <clarista.mozilla at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to propose you a presentation I could do during the Fosdem: a
> presentation about FLOSS and Average Jane or Joe = why we need to reach the
> whole public, to explain the FLOSS 'philosophy... Because people don't know
> the ideal that is behind FLOSS. And because "normal" people can do a lot of
> things to help to spread FLOSS. So I'd like also to give some ideas of easy
> contributions towards the public.

It's not clear to me what the target audience of your presentation is.  If the
target audience is 'Average Jane or Joe', it's a lot like preaching to the
converted at FOSDEM: we're all convinced of open source already; so convinced
in fact that we develop open source software (not the D in FOSDEM).  If the
intent is to instruct developers in how to better communicate with "muggles"
on the other hand, it might fit in the "Community" track if there's room for
it on the schedule.

> Do you think it would be possible to do this presentation?

Everything is possible.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps