[FOSDEM] First videos soon to be available

Thu Mar 15 03:32:07 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 18:14,  <imifos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please consider that YouTube is exploding of commercial stuff, pop-up,
> picinpic commercials etc. YouTube is more and more the place where
> trolls and crappy videos are to find. And YouTube is not at all "free",
> bien en contraire!

Afaik, unless YouTube detects copyrighted material and puts ads on
that. Alternatively, the uploader can enable ads. From what I know,
they don't appear, otherwise.
Trolls are not a consideration when it comes to FOSDEM videos, imo.
Who would want to troll a technical talk unless they have an agenda in
which case they will follow the content everywhere.
The quality of random other videos irrelevant unless I am missing something.

> I propose to use Vimeo and I'm willing to offer the FOSDEM a PLUS
> account. Quality content goes to quality service, and I'm fine with
> paying a fair price for a good service.

Does vimeo offer HTML5?

Either way, why not use both?

Richard