[FOSDEM] Call for Participation: Testing and Automation dev room

R. Tyler Croy tyler at monkeypox.org
Sun Nov 18 22:00:02 CET 2012

Welcome to the Testing and Automation FOSDEM 2013 Call For Participation!

We will be hosting a developer room all day Saturday, February 2nd 2013 at
FOSDEM.

This is the first year for the Testing/Automation dev room at FOSDEM. This room
is about creating better software through a focus on testing and automation at
all layers of the stack. From creating libraries and end-user applications all
the way up to a packaging, distribution and deployment. Testing and automation
is not isolated to a single toolchain, language or platform, there is much to
learn and share regardless of background!

Please submit one (or more) 30-40 minute talk proposal(s) OR one (or more) 10
minute lightning talk proposal(s) by 23:59 UTC on December 21st 2012. We will
notify all those submitting proposals about their acceptance by the January 6th
2013.

Submission form:
    <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG9LM2lOY1J5VzFiZTZXWUcxRXhqY1E6MQ>

"Official" (full) CFP:
    <https://gist.github.com/4107243>

The devroom selection group is comprised of members of the Jenkins, Cucumber,
RSpec, and Selenium projects. We look forward to seeing a great mix of
presentations addressing the topic of testing and automation!

If you are interested in participating with the organizing of the devroom,
please join our mailing list here: <https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/testautomation-devroom>

Feel free to forward this call for abstracts and papers to any relevant
mailing lists, people and sites. We're looking forward to seeing lots of
passionate developers and users discussing the problems and more importantly
the solutions facing many in the developer community.

February 2nd also marks the 2 year anniversay of the creation of the Jenkins
project, so be sure to join us at the end of the day (Feb 2nd) for a birthday
toast!

Cheers!
- R. Tyler Croy
    Code: https://github.com/rtyler