[FOSDEM] More FOSDEM feedback

alberto fuentes pajaro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:40:22 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM, Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Second, the address published on the web site does not work properly in
> Google maps.  If you simply cut + paste the venue information, you get
> poor results.  I had lunch with a gentleman who took the metro to the
> Erasme stop and lost several hours figuring out how to get to FOSDEM.
> If I look here:
>   http://www.ulb.ac.be/campus/solbosch/solbosch.html
> (or on the English equivalent), the postal code is prefixed with a B-
> (so B-1050).  Perhaps that's the problem; perhaps Google needs to be
> corrected.  I thought I'd mention it regardless.

I dont know what happened, because is not my first year, but i got lost as well.

Actually, I met people looking for fosdem at erasmu station on
saturday. On sunday I overheard a few guys saying they got lost as
well.

I brought the point saved from home and I recall entering the
coordinates directly in google maps. When I rechecked the coordinates
on saturday on fosdem it gave me the right campus...

Maybe i didnt entered the coordinates the time that I _actually_ saved
the point... or maybe we are just the 1% who always get lost. With so
many people, there always have to be a bunch ;)
Who knows... at least i wasnt the only one x)

To add some extra feedback, is worth pointing out in the
transportation page that tram 25 does not go up to fosdem on sunday...
But you can still take it (to go back as well) walking a few blocks :)

a map of fosdem in the android app would be cool as well

PS: I should had suspect something fishy was going on when google gave
me directions... If the Metro actually had an station on fosdem why
did I took it any other year...