[FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2013 feedback

Ludovic Brenta ludovic at ludovic-brenta.org
Fri Feb 8 12:09:16 CET 2013

> On Fri, 08 Feb 2013, Dodji Seketeli wrote:
>
>> I too found that FOSDEM was great this year too.  I have been
>> attending the event each year for over a decade now and I must
>> say that I am impressed to see it kick ass like this year over
>> year.
>>
>> Do the organizers know approximately how many attendants did the
>> registration this year?
>
> According to closing event, there was around 7000 visitors :
> http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8219/8445085831_4a6d5263ac_h.jpg
>
> (extrapolated from number of connections on the network)

This estimate uses too many unverified hypotheses like the number of
devices per visitor and, implicitly, the percentage of the time when
visitors were connected on the network.

A much more accurate estimate would be the number of flyers printed
less
the number of flyers remaining after FOSDEM.  Does anyone have these
numbers?

anyway: great event once again; thanks to the org team.  It seems
like Brussels has become the centre of the Free Software world :)

--
Ludovic Brenta.