[FOSDEM] Hotel discounts

Philip Paeps philip at fosdem.org
Wed Jan 2 17:30:17 CET 2013

On 2013-01-02 15:38:20 (+0100), Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> wrote:
> tor 2012-12-27 klockan 22:40 +0100 skrev Wynke Stulemeijer:
> > We are pleased to announce that a number of hotels in Brussels are
> > offering a discount to FOSDEM visitors. See the accommodation page
> > (https://fosdem.org/2013/practical/accommodation/) for more information
> > on which hotels and how to book.
>
> A hint to everyone is to check directly with the hotel as well.  I got
> 107 EUR/night at Royal Windsor when I booked now, but the FOSDEM
> discount rate is 115 EUR/night.

This is helpful to know.  As pointed out before, this year is the first
year we're working with the Brussels Booking Desk to negotiate discounts
for visitors.  Any comments (positive or negative) are welcome.

Note that the difference between 115EUR and 107EUR sounds a lot like
city tax.  I would be interested to know if the rate you  were quoted
actually includes that.  Some hotels like to charge it separately (you
can guess how I feel about that practice).

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer